Programa Preparar - Preparation Program for National Exams
The "Programa Preparar - Preparation Program for National Exams" is a study program aimed at all Portuguese students with the aim of ensuring their preparation for the entrance exams, within the scope of the general access regime to higher education.
Registrations until December 31, 2022.
Registration is done online HERE
Who is it for?
a) To students who have completed the 12th year or equivalent and have not passed the national exams corresponding to the entrance exams set for the course in which they intend to enroll in the future at Universidade Lusófona - Campus Universitário de Lisboa, or who have secondary school subjects in arrears;
b) To foreign students with dual nationality under the general regime for access to higher education;
c) To students who meet the conditions set out in paragraph a), even if they do not intend to subsequently enroll at ULusófona - Universidade Lusófona - Campus Universitário de Lisboa, and who may, as an exception, enroll and attend the preparation for the evidence referred to in paragraph 2 of article 5 of this regulation.
What subjects are part of the course and how can I enroll?
1) With a view to preparing the entrance exams, students enroll in one or two subjects that serve the purpose of preparing for the national exams corresponding to the entrance exams that they have to take to apply to higher education.
2) The available disciplines referred to in the previous number are:
- a) Science and Technology and Economics:
- - Economics - Mathematics A; - Physics and Chemistry A; - Biology and Geology.
- b) Humanities and Arts:
- - Portuguese; Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences; Philosophy; Descriptive Geometry.
Can I attend some curricular units, separately, from a higher education course at the university?
- Students enrolled in the Preparar Program (Preparation Program for National Examinations) may, by their own decision and initiative, enroll, and attend as external students, separate curricular units of a degree or integrated master's course at ULusófona - Universidade Lusófona - University Campus of Lisbon.
- The choice of curricular units is monitored and guided by the competent services of ULusófona - Universidade Lusófona - Campus Universitário de Lisboa.
How does it work?
- The Preparar Program (Preparation Program for National Exams) has a total workload of 100 hours per subject, distributed over 7 months, and is completed on a calendar/schedule.
- The individual curricular units work according to the calendar/schedule defined by the organic units of Universidade Lusófona - Campus Universitário de Lisboa that teach the courses in question.
- The minimum number of students who support the operation of the disciplines of the Preparar Program is 12.
When can I apply?
Until 26 October 2022
Start of the Course
14 November 2022
How can I apply and what documentation do I need?
Registration is done online HERE.
a) Application form duly completed and signed;
b) Document proving completion of Portuguese secondary education (or equivalent) or document proving the grades obtained, in case of non-completion of Portuguese secondary education;
c) Personal identification document - citizen card, passport or other legally equivalent document.
Students enrolled in the Preparar Program in the current academic year and who in the following academic year meet the conditions to enroll in a course at Universidade Lusófona - Campus Universitário de Lisboa (degree or integrated master) benefit, only in the year in question, from a 15% discount on tuition fees set for the respective course.
Students enrolled in the Preparar Program and who intend to enter the Universidade Lusófona (and who are enrolled in separate curricular units as external students) are framed by a tutoring regime that provides support and academic guidance and monitors performance and results obtained furs students.
The mentoring regime and the terms and conditions under which it is applied are the object of their own definition through the publication of internal regulations.