Innovation and Internationalization Strategies
Part of this Programme
Level of Qualification|Semesters|ECTS
Bachelor | Semestral | 5
Year | Type of course unit | Language
2 |Mandatory |Português
Total of Working Hours | Duration of Contact (hours)
140 | 60
Recommended complementary curricular units
Prerequisites and co-requisites
1. The World, Economy and Society 2. Management 3. The socio-culture 4. The role of innovation 5. Economic cycles four industrial revolutions 6. Competitiveness 7. Internationalization 8. Economics 4.0 - Digital Economy 9. Partnerships and The Economy of Sharing 10. Business Communication
The Chair of Strategies of Innovation and Internationalization intends to introduce students to the introduction and deepening of concepts such as: Internationalization; socio-culture and social responsibility, entrepreneurship; Science, Technology and Society; the notion of "value"; Digital Economy; Economics 4.0; Strategic management, and Competitive strategy for "value creation"; the promotion and development of alliances, mergers and strategic partnerships; Negotiation dynamics, as well as the policies to promote the competitiveness of people, companies and countries; Internet of Things and Sharing Economy; the importance of business communication.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
The Chair of Innovation and Internationalization Strategies intends to present to students the introduction and deepening of concepts such as: Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology and Society, Strategic Management, Competitive Strategy, Alliances, Mergers and Strategic Partnerships, Negotiation Dynamics, Economy 4.0 as well such as the Policies for the Promotion of Competitiveness.
Teaching methodologies and assessment
Expositive method to present the theoretical contents interspersed with examples of application in business practice, of the subjects taught. 2 Evaluation tests, each with a weight of 80% in the final evaluation; individual work with weight of 20% in the final evaluation.
Acemoglu, D e Robinson, J.A. (2013), Porque falham as Nações: as origens do poder prosperidade e da pobreza, Temas & Debates
- Bento, Victor, (2010), Nó Górdio, 2ª edição, Lisboa, Bnomics
- Carvalho, Rui Moreira, (2009), Parcerias, 3ª edição, Lisboa, Bnomics
- Carvalho, Rui Moreira (2010), Compreender + África, fundamentos para competir no mundo, Lisboa, 2ª edição,
Temas & Debates
- Carvalho, Rui Moreira (2014), A Força das Coisas - Diário de um futuro lusófono, Bnomics, Lisboa
- Freire, Adriano, (2010), Estratégia, 12ª edição, Lisboa, Verbo
- Pereira, Paulo Trigo (2012), Portugal: dívida pública e défice democrático, Lisboa, FFMS Edicões