Thematic Seminars II
Provide a deeper understanding of a praxis based on the holistic and integrated intervention of the different actors, taking into account the supreme interest of the victims.
Deepen the types and effects of violence in the intervention process, reflecting in particular on double victimization or secondary victimization.
Deepen the students' objects, theoretical frameworks and research methodologies.
Part of this Programme
Risks and Violence(s) in Today Societies: Analysis and Social Intervention
Level of Qualification|Semesters|ECTS
| Semestral | 6
Year | Type of course unit | Language
1 |Mandatory |Português
Recommended complementary curricular units
It is recommended as complementary subjects: Recommended Intervention and Research Methodologies in the scope of Domestic Violence I / II; Aggression, Conflict and Violence(s).
Prerequisites and co-requisites
1. Historical Perspective of Violence in the Family.
2. Domestic, Gender and Dating Violence: Dynamics.
3. Domestic Violence against Elderly People: Dynamic.
4. The Law and the Fight against Domestic Violence.
5. Principles of Intervention in Domestic Violence.
6. Risk Assessment.
7. Security Plans and Victim Protection Measures.
8. Victim of Domestic Violence Status.
9. Risk Factors and Impact of Domestic Violence.
10. Characteristics of Victim and Aggressor.
Provide a critical reflection on socio-legal intervention in situations of domestic violence in conjugality and in the elderly.
Teaching methodologies and assessment
The methodology to be used favors active teaching and learning methods without prejudice to moments and times of presentation and deepening of specific contents by the responsible Teacher and other guests (experts) and, in this sense, seeks to foster the capacity for initiative and research and students' self-learning. Sessions have the following characteristics:
- Lectures carried out by the professor and invited experts according to the syllabus, clarifying doubts raised by students throughout the exhibition;
- Surveying the experiences of the participants through the formulation of oral questions, promoting the active participation of the group members;
- Collectivization results in subgroup work.
The final evaluation will take into account attendance and voluntary participation in the sessions, a group work, and a final work with an individual character.
Nome do docente Horário de atendimento Sala Miguel Olveira Rodrigues Instituto Serviço Social ULHT 5ª feira | 18h00 às 20h00
Nome do docente
Horário de atendimento
Miguel Olveira Rodrigues
Instituto Serviço Social ULHT
5ª feira | 18h00 às 20h00