Didactics of Dance
Dance didactics aims to explore methods and techniques of teaching the various dance forms proposed in PNEF (rhythmic and expressive activities).
The development of the knowledge acquired in UC dance in the first cycle of studies, provide bases for the intervention of the Physical Education professional with regard to knowing how to select, operationalize and evaluate dance content.
Part of this Programme
Teaching Physical Education in Basic and Secondary Education
Level of Qualification|Semesters|ECTS
| Semestral | 4
Year | Type of course unit | Language
1 |Mandatory |Português
Recommended complementary curricular units
UC dance - knowledge of the dance unit of the 1st cycle studies or equivalent.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Description of contents
1. Dance in Physical Education classe
1. Technique and Expression - PNEF
2. The different forms and activities in dance
3. Dance Teaching Methodology
4. Identify and understand the different rhythmic and musical structures that underlie the different forms of dance.
2. Planning and selecting content - Lab practice work and tutorial guidance
1. The teaching and practice of dance in Physical Education classes
2. Perform pedagogical support tasks in dance classes in the context of Physical Education, dance clubs and other pedagogical activities (classroom teaching - content review)
3. Integration of analysis and evaluation processes
1. The problem of assessment regarding the specificity of dance education
2. Criteria measurement
3. Formative and summative assessment. Make proposals for rating / evaluation of different content
At the end of UC students:
They identify and know how to apply methodologies, fundamentals and professional skills for reflection and pedagogical intervention that allow the use of dance as an educational subject in the context of physical education.
They developed skills in the planning of a dance didactic unit (rhythmic activities, expressive movement), in the context of Physical Education programs.
They have developed skills in the design and implementation of observation plans and analysis of learning situations in the field of dance in general, and some forms of dance in particular (popular, social, contemporary, hip-hop, etc.).
They know and know how to transmit dance content - vocabulary and methods - pedagogically guiding a group (class) in situations of learning dance techniques or simple choreographic composition. They know how to evaluate and analyze performance in teaching-learning situations.
Teaching methodologies and assessment
Teaching methods Theoretical and theoretical-practical classes will be taught (which will apply experiential learning, group and individual work on dance teaching - tutorial orientation - in small cycles of pedagogical practice and integration of analysis and evaluation processes - group work and dance teaching) and the b-learning system (moodle) was used, which will provide support materials for each of the classes (dance videos, songs and descriptions of techniques).
To enjoy the continuous assessment, the student must have 70% of effective attendance to the classes and deliver a dossier about the didactic dance dance (compilation of all the work developed and requested in the classes, and can be complemented with other material that relates to the UC and that the student considers relevant to include it).
Your final grade results: 30% * (theoretical part) + 50% * (practical part) + 20% * (individual work + dossier / articles), must be equal to or greater than 9.5
Nome do docente Horário de atendimento Sala Helena Jalles Terça-feira das 14:00h-15:00h H 1.1
Nome do docente
Horário de atendimento
Terça-feira das 14:00h-15:00h