Reasons to apply
- Recognition: The Degree in Electrotechnical Engineering of ULHT is recognize by both the Order of Engineers and the Order of Technical Engineers, allowing our graduates to apply for membership.
- Multiple Career Opportunities: The skills acquired allow our graduates access to careers in Telecommunications, Energy, Automation and Robotics, Electronics, Informatics, Consulting, and other fields. Moreover, our transversal training promotes the entrepreneurship of our graduates.
- Employability: The graduates in Electrotechnical Engineering of ULHT easily access careers in both the public sector and private companies, in several areas.
- Actual: The programme in Electrotechnical Engineering is actual, covering fundamental fields such as Telecommunications, Energy, Automation and Robotics, Electronics, and Informatics.
- Intellectual Development: The training in Electrotechnical Engineering develops logical thinking e advanced problem-solving skills, recurring state of the art scientific concepts and technical tools. These skills will be useful far beyond the study period.
- Scientific and Technological Culture: The teaching staff is both competent and diverse, which allied to many laboratorial curricular units, allows to acquire a sound scientific and technical culture, thereby combining advanced science with its fundamental practical applications.
Ministerial Order 16119/2009, of 14 July, amended by Ministerial Order 8023/2020, of 17 August
Accredited - A3ES Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Bachelor | 6 Semesters | 180 ECTS
This study cycle accepts candidates who submit their application via the institutional entrance competition and have obtained a positive score in the following national entrance exams:
07- Physics and Chemistry and 16- Mathematics
Candidates may also apply via the regimes of institution/programme transfer or via Special Application, in accordance with the legal regulations in force (holders of higher education degree, holders of a Technological Specialization Course, holders of Professional Higher Technician Course or Over 23 years of Age).
Candidates who meet the requirements defined in the International Student Statute can also apply.
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
This course of study mainly aims at providing a basic training in electronic engineering, as well as in the areas of Mathematics, Physics and Computation, that are essential to professional practice based in this area of knowledge as well as the continuation of training in a course of 2nd cycle in this area of engineering sciences. Thus, the conclusion of this course of study should enable the student to continue to attend a 2nd cycle (Masters) in Electronical Engineering, enter the workforce or advance in its career.
The aim is not to provide such training only to students who have completed secondary education in Portugal but also to students coming from Portuguese speaking countries and others who already have a career but who wish to complement their studies.
Other secondary objective of the course is to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in this area in Portugal and in all Portuguese speaking countries.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
A degree in Engineering Science - Electrical Engineering aims to develop the competence of students to the profession of an Electrical Engineer, including the ability to design telecommunication networks, electricity networks and facilities, and to develop new projects in telecommunications, traditional energy, electronics and automation.
These objectives are met through a set of courses that provide strong training in basic mathematics and physics, together with a diverse and profound background in all areas relevant to modern Electrical Engineering (Electrical Circuits, Electronics, processing signals, telecommunications and data communications, electrical machinery, electrical installations, automatic control).
The meeting of the objectives can be measured by placing the graduates from Engineering Science - Electrical Engineering in the job market, where they generally find employment in companies in this area.
Equipments and venues
Classroom, Computer Laboratory, Electrotechnical Laboratory, Networking and telecommunications Laboratory, Physics Laboratory, Operating Systems and Signal and Systems Laboratory, Library, Work Technology Center, Study Rooms, Bars and Canteens, Offices.
Fixed Video projector, Portable PC/Netbook (by request), Overhead projector (by request), PC Desktop Dx2420 - Dual Core 2.6GHz - RAM 2 Gb - HD 320Gb, PC Desktop HP5800 - Core duo 3.0GHz - RAM 2 Gb - HD 250Gb, PC Desktop HP7100 - Pentium IV 3GHz - RAM 1gb - HD 40Gb, PC Desktop D530 Shine - Pentium IV 2.4GHz - RAM 1gb - HD 40Gb, Oscilloscopes, Portable Oscilloscope Fluke 123, Multimeter, Signal generator GOLDSTAR FE 2002 C, Signal generator CIRCUIT MATE FG 2, Signal generator CDA 9020, Power supplies VALLEMAN PS 613, Power supplies CENTREL CEG 8549, Wattmeters SACI WLV 27630, Logical pens LP 2800, Bread boards K and H RH 21, Testing tables CAN JUMP C 8000, Project board K and H PP 272, Logic Analyzer HP54620A, Bridge Measure R.H.C. (Unahohm) Model RLG-26, Eprom's recorder - Stagg Quasar Universal, Eprom's eraser - Stagg SE-1T, Multifunction mounting bases.
The Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Electrical Engineering enables the frequency of a Masters Degree (Diploma of the 2nd cycle) in the area of Engineering and Natural Sciences, not necessarily in the main area of the undergraduate training.
Research and development;
Planning, management and coordination of projects;
Auditing and consulting in their area of ??technology;
Design and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment.
Research institutes and private entities;
Industry electrical and electronic materials;
Industry production of consumer electronics;
Laboratories in their technology area;
Public and private companies;
In the following areas:
Energy Production and Transportation;
Control and Robotics;
To develop an active policy aiming at its students¿ professional integration is one of the objectives of this study cycle. Thus, besides various cooperation protocols established to integrate our students in internships and on-the-job training in several public and private entities operating in this sector in Portugal, the present study cycle engages in momentary agreements with other institutions with a view to ensuring the effective integration of all its students or graduates.
Engenharia e técnicas afins | Electricidade e energia | Electrónica e automação