The Degree in Psychology in the School of Psychology and Life Sciences (EPCV) of Universidade Lusófona works since 1990. The formation of the degree project is based in the fundamental areas of psychology enabling integration in the 2nd cycle of specialization studies in key areas Psychology of action.
The information on this page refers to the 1st cycle of studies in Psychology
Ministerial Order 22328/2008, of 28 August, amended by Ministerial Order 11750/2014, of 19 September
Accredited - A3ES Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Bachelor | 6 Semesters | 180 ECTS
This study cycle accepts candidates who submit their application via the institutional entrance competition and have obtained a positive score in one of the following national entrance exams:
17 Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences
Candidates may also apply via the regimes of institution/programme transfer or via Special Application, in accordance with the legal regulations in force (holders of higher education degree, holders of a Technological Specialization Course, holders of Professional Higher Technician Course or Over 23 years of Age).
Candidates who meet the requirements defined in the International Student Statute can also apply.
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
The general objectives of the 1st cycle in Psychology
- Provide general training in the field of psychological sciences having regard to its intersection with other disciplines;
- Address in a scientific manner the basic psychological processes;
- Promote a solid scientific background (theoretical, technical and methodological) basis in key areas of psychology;
- To develop research skills in the field of psychology;
- Provide students with a general training in various areas of specialization of psychology for the reported pursuing a 2nd cycle of studies in Psychology.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
Over the frequency of the 1st Cycle / students should acquire the specific skills of the area of ??psychology as well as soft skills shared by different areas of knowledge.
Specific skills include:
- Gain knowledge about the central concepts and constructs of Psychology and their areas;
- Know the theoretical models and research in psychology;
- Be familiar / with scientific methodology in psychology.
Soft skills include:
- Skills Instrumentais- autonomy in the collection and systematization of information, understanding and ability to synthesize content; autonomy in the structuring and implementation of learning and adapting to contexts and problem solving;
- Personal Skills and interpessoais- enhance the sharing of skills of scientific knowledge through oral and written reflecting a reflective and critical individual placement; ability to work together in a cooperative and oriented to the objectives; and display responsible behavior governed by rules and ethical principles.
Equipments and venues
There are currently operating the following structures supporting scientific activity and psychological practice:
- SAAP- Services and Psychological Assessment Service;
- Computational Psychology Laboratory;
- Experimental Psychology Laboratory;
- COPELABS - Cognition and People-Centric Computing Labs - Research Unit funded by FCT.
After the 1st cycle, the Department of Psychology at EPTV 2 s offers courses of study in various areas of psychology:
- Clinical and Health Psychology;
- Social and Organizational Psychology;
- Applied Neuropsychology;
- Forensic Psychology;
- Ciberterapia and Cognitive Rehabilitation;
- Psychology of Sexuality (within the Interdisciplinary Master in Sexology).
The professional practice of psychologist / a entails passing a 2nd study cycle (Masters) in Psychology. The award of the professional title, their use and the exercise of the profession of psychologist / to depend on enrollment in the Order as indicated in the Order's Association of Psychologists (OPP). Subsequently, it is necessary to carry out an internship protected by the OPP.
Service to / to students
2nd fair-14h-15h; 17:30, 18:30 pm