Vice-Rectory for Research and Internationalization
The VR - Vice-Rectory for Research and Internationalization of Universidade Lusófona focuses on the following main areas of activity:
1 - Cooperation and Institutional Representation..
The Vice-Rectory is responsible for the official representation of the University among strategic partners for research and internationalization, in Portugal and abroad.
In articulation with the International Coordinator of each School, it defines and implements strategies leading to:
- new partnerships and institutional relations;
- reinforce existing partnerships and extend existing joint activities;
- broaden ULHT's participation in international research and innovation networks;
- promotion and monitoring of partnerships leading to PhD Programs in Cotutelle Regime.
2 - Students and Staff Mobility
The VR defines and implements strategies in order to reinforce the quality of the implementation of academic inbound and outbound mobility programs:
- Increasing the number of student in mobility;
- Increasing the number of faculty in mobility;
- Deepening relations with ERASMUS+ and Overseas partners, with the aim of strengthening the monitoring and integration of mobility activities.
3 - Research and Innovation
The VR promotes the participation of the University in national and international research projects, fostering the internationalization of our institution and strengthening our scientific and technological capacity. We work towards involving our research staff in international projects and knowledge exchange networks, contributing to scientific and technological innovation.
4 - International students Recruitment
The VR plays an a dynamic role in defining active strategies to attract talented international students to ULHT, through our active participation in national and international higher education networks.
We develop an international curriculum involving strategic partnerships to ensure complementarity with national policies for external cooperation, namely, international development, migration issues, trade, employment, regional development, research and innovation, in line with Schools and the strategies of European Commission.
5 - Integration of international students (including scholars)
The VR carries out a set of activities for the integration of mobility students (inbound / outbound) and international students at key phases of their mobility experience, ensuring students feel welcome and supported through their academic journey here.