Game Fest - Youth for Youth Project
Promoting Change Through Hands on Play Experiences
Universidade Lusófona - Campus Universitário de Lisboa
Youth for Youth Project (2020-2-HU01-KA205- 079126) is promoting a Game Fest to empower different stakeholders (educators, students, practitioners, policymakers, and others) in the implementation of games and other playful strategies to promote sustainable change across different fields. This event called “Promoting Change Through Hands on Play Experiences” will be held on the 13th and 14th of October, in person at Lusófona University, Lisbon, Portugal.
To support the participants in acquiring materials for future game-based activities, the project will provide 25€ FNAC gift cards for the first 40 trainees to successfully enroll and be present at 75% of the event programmed sessions, considering the attendance lists. Registrations are limited to 50 participants.
All the sessions will be conducted in English. The event will have the cooperation of TEGA project (2020-1-UK01-KA203-079248).
Register HERE until 11th October 2022.
Thursday (13th October 2022)
- 9:30 - Arrival and welcome coffee (Room B.0.1)
- 9:30 - Keynote "Games for Social Impact" - by Filipe Luz (Room B.0.1)
- 10:00 - Youth for Youth Project and Games Presentation - by Regina Laurinyecz; TEGA Project Presentation - by Sara Rye (Room B.0.1)
- 11:00 - Coffee Break (Room F.1.14)
- 11:30 - Parallel Sessions
- Exchange with participating organizations; Living library with national teams from YFY project (Room B.0.1)
- Serious game for sustainable territories - by Micael Sousa (Room F.1.14)
- 12:00 - Lunch (on site)
- 14:00 - Playtesting Sessions - with YFY team (Rooms B.0.1 and F.1.14)
- 16:00 - Closing Notes - by Carla Sousa (Room B.0.1)
Friday (14th October 2022)
- 9:30 - Welcome (Room B.0.1)
- 9:30 - Insights and best practices from game-based educational experiences - by Mafalda Morganti (Room B.0.1)
- 9:50 - Learning game-based learning? Testing online courses and approaches - by Carla Sousa (Room B.0.1)
- 10:35 - Coffee Break (Room F.1.14)
- 11:00 - Practical tools to promote game-based learning strategies - by Chari Camara (Room B.0.1)
- 12:00 - Keynote "Board Games to transform education in the 21st century"- by Micael Sousa (Room B.0.1)