João Pedro Leal Abalada De Matos Carvalho
João Pedro Carvalho was born in Almada, Portugal, in 1993. He received his MSc in Electrical and Computer Engineer from FCT NOVA (Portugal) in 2017, finishing in the top 1% of the students graduating in that year, and his PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineer in 2021. From 2020 until the current data he is a junior researcher at COPELABS- ULHT. He participated in 2 international research projects, 2 national research projects, and helped co-supervising four MSc students and is currently supervising one PhD student. He is currently an Assistant Professor with the Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lisbon, where he lectures several undergraduate courses and two graduate courses. He was also one of co-editors of a book and a member of organising committee of DOCEIS international conference. He has been working in the Aerial Robotics Research and Development field since 2016. He received Best Paper Award “UAV downwash dynamic texture features for terrain classification on autonomous navigation”, in a prestigious IEEE conference in 2018.
DoutoramentoDoutoramento em Engenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores - Engenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores
MestradoEngenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores
Artigo em conferência
- 2023-03-20, UAV-based Scenario Builder and Physical Testing platform for Autonomous Vehicles
- 2023-03-20, Sensitivity Analysis of LSTM Networks for Fall Detection Wearable Sensors
- 2023-03-20, A Hybrid LSTM-based Neural Network for Satellite-less UAV Navigation
- 2022-07-01, Irrigation Management System using Artificial Intelligence Algorithms
- 2022-07-01, IoT Based Targeting System - Airsoft Use-Case
- 2022-07-01, Applying Deep Neural Networks to Improve UAV Navigation in Satellite-less Environments
- 2022-03-28, µJSON, a Lightweight Compression Scheme for Embedded GNSS Data Transmission on IoT Nodes
- 2020, UAV Cloud Platform for Precision Farming
- 2020, Multi-purpose Low Latency Streaming Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- 2019, Use of Particle Swarm Optimization in Terrain Classification based on UAV Downwash
- 2019, Semantic Navigation Mapping from Aerial Multispectral Imagery
- 2018-05, Vision-based UAV detection and tracking using motion signatures
- 2018, UAV downwash dynamic texture features for terrain classification on autonomous navigation
Artigo em revista
- 2022-11, Vineyard Gap Detection by Convolutional Neural Networks Fed by Multi-Spectral Images, Algorithms
- 2022-08-04, WLS algorithm for UAV navigation in satellite-less environments, IET Wireless Sensor Systems
- 2022-05, Particle Swarm Optimization Embedded in UAV as a Method of Territory-Monitoring Efficiency Improvement, Symmetry
- 2022-05, Autonomous UAS-Based Agriculture Applications: General Overview and Relevant European Case Studies, Drones
- 2021-09, Precision Landing for Low-Maintenance Remote Operations with UAVs, Drones
- 2021-08, How to Build a 2D and 3D Aerial Multispectral Map?—All Steps Deeply Explained, Remote Sensing
- 2021-07, Collision Avoidance on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using Neural Network Pipelines and Flow Clustering Techniques, Remote Sensing
- 2021-03, Autonomous Environment Generator for UAV-Based Simulation, Applied Sciences
- 2021, GTRS-Based Algorithm for UAV Navigation in Indoor Environments Employing Range Measurements and Odometry, IEEE Access
- 2021, Fabric Defect Detection With Deep Learning and False Negative Reduction, IEEE Access
- 2020-10-28, FFAU—Framework for Fully Autonomous UAVs, Remote Sensing
- 2019-10-25, Static and Dynamic Algorithms for Terrain Classification in UAV Aerial Imagery, Remote Sensing
- 2019, Terrain Classification Using Static and Dynamic Texture Features by UAV Downwash Effect, Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- 2022, Flow Empirical Mode Decomposition, Pedro, D.; Rato, R.T.; Matos-Carvalho, J.P.; Fonseca, J.M.; Mora, A.
- 2021, HEIFU - Hexa Exterior Intelligent Flying Unit, Pedro, D.; Lousã, P.; Ramos, Á.; Matos-Carvalho, J.P.; Azevedo, F.; Campos, L.
- 2020, Terrain classification using w-k filter and 3d navigation with static collision avoidance, Matos-Carvalho, J.P.; Pedro, D.; Campos, L.M.; Fonseca, J.M.; Mora, A.
- 2019, UAV Downwash-Based Terrain Classification Using Wiener-Khinchin and EMD Filters, Matos-Carvalho, J.P.; Mora, A.; Rato, R.T.; Mendonça, R.; Fonseca, J.M.