KEM is open to European and non-European students with a BA degree related with film production; other degrees are accepted for applicants with professional experience also in film. In order to guarantee high-quality training, KEM will only enroll 6 students per specialization.
The following requirements must be fulfilled by all applicants:
- Application Form (online and complying with the imposed deadlines, no applications sent by regular mail will be accepted).
- Copy of passport/identification card (This should be an official identification document including a photograph and personal data like first name, surname and date and place of birth. This data should be described in English language -like in passports. We recommend that it should have an expiration date that covers the duration of the entire master).
- Recent photograph.
- Final university diploma from previous degree(s) - BA or Master with minimum National Framework Qualifications level 8 or European Qualifications Framework level 6 - (If in other language than in English, an additional officially certified translation into English is obligatory, and it should also contain the University stamp).
- Curriculum vitae (must provide professional qualification(s), experience, pieces of work(s), job(s), task(s), professional skills in film-making).
- Two or three Letters of Recommendation. These do not have to follow a template. The only requirement is that the contact details of the person providing the reference must be clearly typed and should contain a business email address and a telephone number.
- Letter of motivation that expresses interest in studying at KEM (max 1000 characters).
- Expectations concerning knowledge to acquire (max 1000 characters).
- Portfolio/ show reel of previous films (This portfolio must reflect your area of specialization chosen for the Master course. You should show the film credits and if possible, with English subtitles. Only unlisted link in YouTube or similar.)
- If you are applying for scriptwriting, please upload the treatments of your most significant work. If filmed, please include it on your portfolio/show-reel.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language - IELTS 6.0 - Further requirement listed at the end of the page*
- A residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules or, a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.