Class Training and Coaching

  • Presentation


    Organizational development by developing employee skills. Privileged tool for promoting organizational change for successful interaction between organizations and their environment. Integrates aspects of Management and Psychology.
  • Code


  • Syllabus


    1. Evolution of concepts
    2. Learning and change
    3. Teaching methods and techniques
    4. Strategic Training and Development Cycle
    5. Coaching
    6. State-of-the-art training and coaching
  • Objectives


    Provide foundations related to theoretical knowledge and practical requirements that professionals currently face to effectively develop the activity in the areas in question. Develop the following skills: - Framing coaching and training as practices of individual development of employees and organizational talent - Identify the characteristics of adult learning - Identify the main teaching methods and techniques - Diagnose training needs, planning training programs, implementing programs and evaluating them - Characterize the contexts of coaching application - Characterize the constituent stages of coaching - Describe the main coaching intervention models and techniques - Acquire critical analysis skills about coaching practice and a conscious deontological attitude - Identify new trends or state of the art in training and coaching

  • Teaching methodologies and assessment

    Teaching methodologies and assessment

    Exposition of theoretical contents, presentation and discussion in the practical exercises class. 60% of contact hours will be dedicated to the exhibition of theoretical content and the remaining 40%, to activities aimed at training skills.

  • References


    Garrett, B. (2000). The Learning Organisation: Developing Democracy at Work. London: Harper Collins.

    Gibb, S. J. (2011). Human Resource Development; Process, Practices and Perspectives at Work, 2nd edition. Basingstoke: Palgrave.

    Harrison, R. (2009). Learning and Development. London: McGraw Hill.

    Kirkpatrick, Donald L., & Kirkpatrick, James D. (2006). Evaluating training programs: the four levels (3rd ed). S. Francisco: Berrett-Koehler.

    Klein, Stephen B. (2012). Learning: principles and applications (6th ed ). London: Sage.

    Marcus-Quinn, A., & Hourigan, T. (Eds.). (2021). Handbook for online learning contexts: digital, mobile and open 

    Smith, W.-A., Boniwell (2021). Positive psychology coaching in the workplace

    Pereira, Alexandra Barosa (2007). Coaching em Portugal: teoria e prática. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo.

    Wilson, J.P. (2012). Human Resource Development. London: Kogan Page.

    Zeus, P., & Skiffington, S. (2003). The complete guide to coaching at work. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.


Cookie Policy
This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience.
Lisboa 2020 Portugal 2020 Small Logo EU small Logo PRR republica 150x50 Logo UE Financed Provedor do Estudante Livro de reclamaões Elogios filmeu