Ministerial Order 9679/2011, of 3 August, amended by Ministerial Order 15819/2012, of 11 December
Accredited - A3ES Decision
R/A -Cr 54/2011
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Doctorate | 6 Semesters | 180 ECTS
The following may apply for the Doctoral Programme:
a) People who hold a master's degree or legal equivalent degree; b) People who hold a B.A., people who have an especially relevant school or scientific curriculum that is acknowledged as certifying capacity to obtain this study cycle by the Doctoral Programme's Scientific Committee;
c) People who have a school, scientific and professional curriculum that is acknowledged as certifying capacity to obtain this study cycle by the Doctoral Programme¿s Scientific Committee.
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
The main objective of this PhD programme is to train researchers and lecturers in the media and communication study field. Thus, the present proposal intends to meet the need for an innovative and creative training in the country and in the Lusophone space in its expertise area, the Communication Sciences.
The central object of this doctoral programme¿s proposal is the in-depth research about the integration between communication, society and technology and the way it subsequently retroacts on the main communication models and respective areas of social, cultural and economic intervention.
An additional objective of this study cycle is to reinforce the research and training ability of Lusophone University¿s CAITS - Communication, Arts and Information Technologies School of which the Communication Sciences constitute the core field.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
The PhD programme in Communication Sciences` diploma intents to facilitate the following competences:
- To acquire the ability to develop a scientific research project;
- To acquire competences of analysis and integration of results and data regarding the state of the art of the scientific area and inside an original and innovative project;
- To acquire competences to develop a research programme of theoretical and/or applied nature that comprises the knowledge facilitated and acquired throughout the programme¿s curricular component.
- To be able to critically communicate with one¿s academic peers.
- To acquire competences to facilitate advanced and innovative knowledge, including research projects advisory;
- To acquire knowledge and competences to critically understand and assess the functions and consequences of the communicational processes and the media use and consumption processes in the contemporary social
Equipments and venues
This study cycle proposal will use the teaching, laboratorial and research facilities allocated to the CAITS/LUHT
which includes Portugal¿s most developed training centre for the audiovisual and interactive communication
technologies. Thus, the facilities to be allocated to the future study cycle are as follow:
2 auditoriums for classes and a session room;
5 average capacity training rooms;
7 offices for tutorial sessions and individual work;
1 dedicated mediatec with over 1500 titles;
1 dedicated space in the General Library with over 4000 titles (monographies, specialized journals, and online
access to scientific journals of the field), namely sage, Intelect and IEEE titles regarding this training area;
4 - Mac and PC computation laboratories;
1- AVID post-production centre
1 Image and digital video treatment and processing centre
Informação e jornalismo | Informação e jornalismo | Ciências sociais, comércio e direito