The study cicle aims to develop proficiency and innovation in clinical psychology research and to develop advanced skills for integrating scientific knowledge into the process of psychological assessment and intervention, focusing on the most recent developments of the cognitive behavioral model and its application using new technologies.
It is intended that students develop specialized knowledge in clinical psychology that contributes to the theoretical, methodological and empirical progress of the area both in the national and international context as well as to the scientifically oriented professional practice. Students will be exposed to a diversity of theoretical developments and scientific methodologies, promoting critical thinking, scientific autonomy in the reflection process and development of advanced research in clinical psychology. Participation in national and international research networks and the dissemination of research results to peers and communities is encouraged.
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Doctorate | 6 Semesters | 180 ECTS
The candidate's ranking is made after curriculum evaluation, motivation letter appreciation, and appreciation of a proposal of a scientific idea to be developed that already reflects the literature review and the design of an empirical study.
Have completed a total of 180 ECTS
Students are expected to:
1. Deepen the concept of ¿model based on empirical evidence¿, applying it in the transdiagnostic understanding of psychopathology and to the cognitive behavioral model;
2. Identify the components of assessment, case formulation and intervention according to the cognitive behavioral model and, most notably, the 3rd generation clinical intervention with children and adults;
3. Critically discuss research gaps according to the theoretical reference model;
4. Independently evaluate measures from the point of view of their operational suitability and psychometric robustness;
5. Autonomously implement scientific study designs with diverse clinical populations and people from different cultures, genders, ethnicities, ages and physical health status; considering digital applications in clinical context and online clinical intervention protocols;
6. Communicate and disseminate results of advanced research in clinical psychology.
Who should apply
The following may apply to this study cycle:
Holders of a Degree in Psychology (Pre-Bologna) with an average final grade higher than 16 values or a curriculum that evidences the acquisition of outstanding scientific and / or clinical skills; holders of an undergraduate degree PreBologna in Psychology with a masters degree in Psychology; holders of 1st Cycle of Studies in Psychology Post Bologna holding a 2nd Cycle of Studies in Psychology; and Psychiatrists.
The selection panel:
President: Professor Dr. Inês Jongenelen (ULP / ULHT); Members: Professor Doctor Diogo Lamela (ULP) and Professor Doctor Patrícia Pascoal (ULHT).
Expected start of teaching activities: October 2021.
Expected time: Fridays and Saturdays.
Location of teaching activities: Facilities of the Lusófona University of Humanities and Technologies (Lisbon) and the Lusófona University of Porto (Porto), in a calendar to be released.