Discover the opportunities and challenges that arise from the development of tourist destinations in a sustainable way!
This course intends, through the close relationship with companies and regional bodies to enable the student to acquire innovative strategies in areas transversal to the sustainable development of Tourist Destinations. With the presentation of international case studies, the student will learn to assess global changes in destinations and interpret these changes from a regional and local perspective.
Reasons to apply
- We offer a Master accredited by A3ES for the maximum time and without any conditions;
- Regular contact with professionals in the tourism sector through lectures, seminars, national and international events;
- Number of partnerships with international universities, allowing mobility of students and teachers;
- Solid social capital accumulated by faculty members with reference national destination management organizations;
- Existence of Research lines with student participation;
- Mentoring program in order to improve educational efficiency; Access our creative and technological incubator - PLAY - Projects Lab Alliance for You.
Accredited - A3ES Decision
Confered Degree | Duration | ECTS
Master Degree | 4 Semesters | 120 ECTS
The following may apply for access to the cycle of studies leading to the master's degree:
a) holders of a bachelor¿s degree or legal equivalent preferably in the areas of Tourism and Business Sciences;
b) Holders of a foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna process by a State that adheres to that process;
c) Holders of a foreign higher academic degree that is recognized as fulfilling the objectives of the degree of a bachelor by the statutorily competent body;
d) holders of an academic, scientific, or professional curriculum that is recognized by the statutorily competent body of ULHT as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies.
- 50% grade of the previous qualification
- 30% curricular appreciation
- 20% Interview
For candidates who do not hold a prior qualification or do not have a prior qualification, the following criteria apply
- 50% curricular appreciation
- 50% CV review
Have completed a total of 120 ECTS
The Master is based on the premise, shared by researchers in the field of Tourism, that the competitiveness of this sector depends on the level of cohesion of the various tourism agents who come together to create a destination brand that coordinates the stakeholders and develops a sustainable development model based on the identity of their communities. Thus the course contributes to these objectives through the transmission of knowledge related to the development of tourist destinations taught by teachers with extensive knowledge in the area.
Who should apply
Holders of a degree or legal equivalent, preferably in the areas of Tourism and Business Studies;
Holders of an academic, scientific, or professional curriculum, which is recognized by ULHT's statutorily competent body.
Knowledge, abilities and skills to be acquired
- Know the principles and methodologies of tourism development planning taking into account the geopolitical role of tourism;
- Obtain practical knowledge regarding the segmentation and "targeting" of the most appropriate issuing markets for a tourist destination;
- Learn to plan and apply a strategy (branding) of destinations and its use in actions of tourism promotion;
- Know the methods of monitoring and management of the process of tourism development of a tourist destination.
Managers of Destination Management Organizations (DMO);
Tourism Departments of Municipalities;
Executives from Public Tourism Organizations;
Executives from companies specialized in Cultural Tourism, Urban Tourism, Rural Tourism, Nature Tourism, Enotourism, among others;
Professional associations in the tourism area;
Managers of companies related to the creation and development of tourism products.
Entrepreneurs in the area of Tourism and Leisure.
Expected Starting Date: 26/09/2022
Forecasted End Date: 20/06/2023
Application Deadline: 14/10/2022
Working Hours: Night time
Foreseen Schedule: 18:00h to 22:00h
This Course has with optional curricular units:
-Community-Based Tourism Product Design (3 ECTS) 1 Year| 1 Semester;
-Design of Intelligent Tourism Solutions (3 ECTS) 1 Year| 1 Semester.